Monday, Oct. 26 kicks off the 31st annual Red Ribbon Week, sponsored by the Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Council (ADAC) of Orange County.
The theme of the week is “Be Happy, Be Brave, Be Drug Free.”
Special guest speaker Marc Mero, a champion boxer and former WCW and WWE wrestling champ, will kick off the week’s activities. Mero reached the pinnacle of success in his field only to lose it all. However, by losing everything he worked so hard for, Meno realized what was truly important in life.
Mero stresses to all who will listen to dream big and make positive choices.
Mero will make two age-appropriate presentations – one at 5 p.m. for students in grades kindergarten through 5, and another at 7 p.m. for students in grades 6 through 12.
Register for these inspirational presentations by emailing your child’s age and grade to firstname.lastname@example.org. The link to the presentation will be sent Monday morning.
Additionally, there’s also a virtual photo contest and spirit week. All are encouraged to have some fun and show their support by dressing accordingly:
- Friday, Oct. 23: Orange goes Red – All of Orange County wears red
- Monday, Oct. 26: Follow Your Dreams – Pajamas all day
- Tuesday, Oct. 27: Team Up Against Drugs – Wear your favorite team jersey
- Wednesday, Oct. 28: Lei Off Drugs – Dress Hawaiian
- Thursday, Oct. 29: My Future is too Bright for Drugs – Wear your best neon
- Friday, Oct. 30: I’m Too Smart for Drugs: Show your favorite college shirt or career clothes
The Monroe-Woodbury School District serves as district host for this first-ever, countywide virtual week. Everyone is invited to support the ADAC’s mission and Red Ribbon Week, which is to promote prevention messages and bring connection to the community.
To learn more about Mero, visit: www.ThinkPOZ.org or www.MarcMero.com.