Minisink Valley Central School District will continue to utilize a lock-box service through Sterling Bank for school tax collection.
NOTE: The district no longer accepts in person payments at the Business Office.
Paying your 2020-21 school taxes
School tax payments must be mailed to the following address:
Minisink Valley Central School District
P.O. Box 5047
White Plains, NY 10602
Important payment dates and notes:
Sept. 1 through Sept. 30, 2020: Tax payments postmarked by September 30 will be accepted without penalty.
Oct. 1 through Nov. 2, 2020: All tax payments postmarked between October 1 and October 31 must include the 2% interest penalty in order to be accepted as paid in full. Please refer to your tax bill for the applicable amount due.
After Nov. 2, 2020: *No tax payments will be accepted by the district.
School tax bills will be mailed by Sept. 1, 2020.
Unpaid school taxes will be re-levied (included) with the 2021 town and county property taxes and will include additional penalties as required by law.
The district does not accept credit or debit cards.
Taxes for each property must be paid in full. Partial payments will not be accepted, and they will be returned to the taxpayer and deemed as unpaid.
To view and/or print tax bills and payment receipts online:
Registering for STAR Credit:
The Basic and Enhanced STAR benefits can save eligible New York homeowners hundreds of dollars. You should register online if you:
- Recently bought your home;
- Never applied for the STAR benefit on your primary residence; or
- Received a letter advising you to register for Basic STAR
For complete eligibility information and to register for the STAR credit: STAR Exemption Program
Please contact your local assessor if you:
- Currently receive the STAR credit on your primary residence and have questions;
- Need to file for or have questions regarding other exemptions (i.e. Veteran’s, Agricultural, etc.);
- Have recently paid off your mortgage and need your tax bill mailed directly to you for payment;
- Require a change of address;
- Have questions regarding your assessment