Minisink Valley High School has a goal to create 500 bags of school supplies for needy families during a school supply drive to run Oct. 5 to 30.
“Even with online learning, students still need notebooks, binder, loose leaf, writing utensils, and more, to succeed in their classes,” said high school teacher Seth Johnson. “Sadly, especially during times like these, many families in our district are struggling to buy these crucial supplies for their children. We are asking for your help.”
High school students can drop off supplies at Room 119, and the school store.
Community members who wish to donate should email Mr. Johnson at email@example.com to make arrangements for dropoff.
Items to be collected:
- Composition/spiral notebooks (simple, no designs or pictures)
- 3 ring binders (1-3 inch), flexible or durable
- Loose Leaf paper (wide or college ruled)
- Pencils (regular or mechanical)
- Pens (ballpoint only)
- Crayons, colored pencils, markers (preferably packs of 12-24, nothing larger)
- Highlighters (packs of 1,2,3 or 4, nothing larger)
- Folders (simple, preferably no designs or pictures, plastic or paper)
At the end of the drive, all collected supplies will be sanitized and organized into bags which will each contain the same supplies.
Bags will then be picked up by families who request them at a date to be determined shortly.
“Your small donation of a notebook or pack of crayons,” added Mr. Johnson, “can help us achieve this goal.”