Dear Minisink Valley school community:
Minisink Valley is resuming in-person, hybrid instruction on Monday, Dec. 14. We look forward to seeing our hybrid students return into their classrooms!
As a reminder, here’s the instructional model schedule for the coming weeks:
- Dec. 14 to Dec. 22: The district will operate on a regular hybrid instructional schedule. Students will return to in-person instruction following their green/white hybrid cohort schedule.
- Dec. 23 to Jan. 1, 2021: Schools closed for Winter break
- Jan. 4, 2021 to Jan. 15, 2021: The district will operate on a full remote schedule.
- Monday, Jan. 18, 2021: schools and offices closed in honor of The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Jan. 19, 2021: The district will return to a regular hybrid instructional schedule. Students will return to in-person instruction following their hybrid green/white cohort schedule.
For your awareness, we’re sharing a Dec. 7 communication to all school districts from Orange County Department of Health (OCDOH) Commissioner Dr. Irina Gelman.
This is important to stress: It’s possible our plan to resume in-person, hybrid instruction could be modified based on: OCDOH, state and local mandates/guidance; and/or our ability to staff any building because of COVID-19 related issues.
We appreciate your continued understanding and flexiblity. The health and safety of everyone in the Minisink Valley community remains our first and most important priority.
Thank you again for the continued trust you give us in the education of your children
Brian C. Monahan