Minisink Valley Central School District is excited to welcome 16 new faculty members to the 2018-19 school year!
On the first day of their new-teacher orientation on Aug. 30, some expressed their excitement for their new beginnings.
Ross Potter, a Class of 2010 Minisink graduate, returns to the district as a physical education teacher for grades K-5, at the main campus. While this is his first teaching job, Mr. Potter accrued experience in district by subbing and coaching wrestling in 2017-18. “I’m very excited and happy to be part of the Minisink family and district again,” Mr. Potter said. He is also serving as a coach for the reinstated freshman football program.
Katie Bendykowski will be teaching English as New Language (ENL) at the middle and intermediate schools. After teaching in the Bronx for seven years, this Warwick native is thrilled to be coming back to the area with her young family, and teaching in a district that more closely resembles her own experience as a student. “I’m looking forward to being a part of Minisink’s school community and teaching in a small district where you can get to know everybody,” Mrs. Bendykowski said.
Andrew Fisher is the new general music and chorus teacher at the intermediate school. He previously taught in Niagara Falls for four years. “I’ve met all the music teachers in district and I’m really looking forward to working with them,” Mr. Fisher said. “Minisink has a very strong music program and there is a lot of support for music in the school community.”
Francesca Longo’s eight years of experience in special education began in New York City, and extended to Queens more recently. She will be teaching math at the high school and started her Minisink career during summer school. “I had the opportunity to meet some of my fellow teachers, and I’m really happy to be teaching in a smaller district and community,” Ms. Longo said.
Please join us in welcoming Minisink’s new partners in education:
- Elijah Jeremy Beamon, High School, Business
- Katie Bendykowski, Intermediate and Middle Schools, ENL
- Erin Bradley-Petersen, High School, Student Assistance Counselor
- Jennifer Corcoran, Middle School, Grade 6
- Christine Ertola, High School, Special Education
- Andrew Fisher, Intermediate School, Music and Chorus
- Bryan Freeman, High School, Science
- Amanda Goyette, MV Elementary School, Kindergarten
- Shelby Ingrassia, Otisville Elementary School, Grade 1
- Francesca Longo, High School, Special Education
- Gemma Lyon, Otisville Elementary School, Special Education
- Jacqueline Mazariegos, Middle and High School, Spanish
- Ashley Michelitch, Middle School, English Language Arts
- Kaitlyn Pascarelli, MV Elementary School, Occupational Therapy
- Ross Potter, Intermediate School, Physical Education
- John Stephens, High School, Physical Education