James Osborne, New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) past president and current Section IX Athletic Council secretary, recently presented Minisink Valley High School with its 2019-20 School of Excellence award.
This award is presented to member schools who have at least 75 percent of their varsity teams maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 90 percent or above.
- Competition Cheerleading – 94.032
- Girls Cross Country – 93.999
- Girls Basketball – 93.961
- Volleyball – 93.433
- Girls Soccer – 93.191
- Girls Tennis – 92.915
- Girls Indoor Track – 92.350
- Boys Basketball – 92.250
- Game Day Cheerleading – 91.710**
- Boys Soccer – 91.546
- Boys Swimming/Diving – 91.157
- Boys Cross Country – 90.824
- Girls Swimming/Diving – 90.757
**Game Day Cheerleading is considered a NYSPHAA emerging sport but included in Minisink Valley’s calculations.
The award was announced at the end of the 2019-20 school year.
“The hard work, focus and dedication of our Warriors to their academics and athletics is a true testament of their character and determination for success,” said Athletic Director Tim Bult, when accepting the award.