THANK YOU to everyone to participated in the recent Minisink Valley High School blood drive! Fifty students signed up to donate blood, resulting in 27 units and three plasma units collected!
Their donations will save lives!
Did you know:
- That you may donate if you are at least 17 years old (16 years old with written consent from parent or legal guardian), weigh at least 110 pounds, and are in good health.
- About one in seven people entering a hospital need blood.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
- Nearly 7,000 units of platelets and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
- Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 units.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.