Minisink Valley Central School District continues to utilize a lock-box service through Webster Bank for school tax collection.
NOTE: The district does not accept in-person payments at the Business Office.
Paying your 2023-24 school taxes
School tax payments must be mailed to the following address:
Minisink Valley Central School District
P.O. Box 5047
White Plains, NY 10602
Important payment dates and notes:
Sept. 1 through Oct. 2, 2023: Tax payments postmarked by Oct. 2 will be accepted without penalty.
Oct. 3 through Oct. 31, 2023: All tax payments postmarked between Oct. 3 and Oct. 31 must include the 2% interest penalty in order to be accepted as paid in full. Please refer to your tax bill for the applicable amount due.
After Oct. 31, 2023: No tax payments will be accepted by the district.
- School tax bills will be mailed by the district to taxpayers by Sept. 1, 2023.
- Unpaid school taxes will be re-levied (included) with the 2024 town and county property taxes and will include additional penalties, as required by law.
- The district does not accept credit or debit cards.
- Taxes for each property must be paid in full. Partial payments will not be accepted, and they will be returned to the taxpayer and deemed as unpaid.
To view and/or print tax bills and payment receipts online:
Registering for STAR Credit:
The Basic and Enhanced STAR benefits can save eligible New York homeowners hundreds of dollars. You should register online if you:
- Recently bought your home;
- Never applied for the STAR benefit on your primary residence; or
- Received a letter advising you to register for Basic STAR
For complete eligibility information and to register for the STAR credit: STAR Exemption Program
Please contact your local assessor if you:
- Currently receive the STAR credit on your primary residence and have questions;
- Need to file for or have questions regarding other exemptions (i.e. Veteran’s, Agricultural, etc.);
- Have recently paid off your mortgage and need your tax bill mailed directly to you for payment;
- Require a change of address;
- Have questions regarding your assessment