New students and families: Welcome to the Minisink Valley School District!
Welcome to the Minisink Valley Central School District! We look forward to your child/children being a part of one of the Hudson Valley’s preeminent school districts and ensuring your child/children receive the best possible and highest quality education to make them college and career ready.
To register in the Minisink Valley Central School District, a child must have his/her actual and only residence within the district.
In addition, the child must be five years of age or older before Dec. 1 of the current school year.
New student in-person registration for the 2022-23 school year
Appointments are required by calling 845-355-5812 or emailing to email@example.com
All registration forms will need to be completed prior to your arrival time.
Forms can be obtained by downloading them from the link in the right hand column of this page.
You can request forms be mailed to you by calling/emailing 845-355-5812 or emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to bring all necessary documents at the time of your appointment. Copies of original documents will be made during the registration process.
Required documentation for new student registration
All student registrations, for all buildings and grade levels, are held in the Intermediate School at the Office of the Registrar. Parents/guardians must be prepared to provide the following:
- Proof of parent identification (valid driver’s license, photo ID)
- Proof of residency (utility bill, cable/telephone bill or gas/oil bill, with service address). If providing a residential lease, mortgage, deed or residency affidavit, you will also need to present additional proof such as pay stub, official driver’s license, non-driver identification, state issued identification, income tax forms, voter registration, court documents or documents issued by federal, state or local agencies.
- Birth certificate, certified transcript of birth or child’s certificate of baptism (additional age determination documents that have been in existence for over two years; passport, valid driver’s license, photo ID, school photo ID with date of birth, hospital or health records, documents issued by federal, state or local agencies, court documents, consulate ID card, Native American tribal document or international aid agencies document)
- Recent, updated records of immunizations and physicals
- Documentation regarding student’s special needs, if any
- Custody papers or custodial affidavit, if applicable
- Last report card, if available
- Student high school schedule, if applicable
Wanted: Census information
Minisink Valley maintains census information and wants to hear from you. If you have just moved into the district and have preschool-aged children; or you have been a resident and have a new child, please email the following information:
- Preschooler’s name(s)
- Preschooler’s date of birth(s)
- Parents names
- Complete address and mailing address
- Home telephone number
Be sure to include preschooler information and the district will add the child/children to its census. This will ensure that your family will be included in all mailings.
Diane Super, Registrar
Minisink Valley Central School District
P.O. Box 217, Route 6
Slate Hill, N.Y. 10973
Fax number: 845-355-5830
Minisink Valley Central School District Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) Program
The Minisink Valley Central School District is a participant in the New York State Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program that is offered annually through a grant.
For information and application materials: Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) Program