New students and families: Welcome to the Minisink Valley School District!
Welcome to the Minisink Valley Central School District! We look forward to your child/children being a part of one of the Hudson Valley’s preeminent school districts and ensuring your child/children receive the best possible and highest quality education to make them college and career ready.
To register in the Minisink Valley Central School District, a child must have his/her actual and only residence within the district.
In addition, the child must be five years of age or older before Dec. 1 of the current school year.
New student summer in-person registration for the 2021-22 school year
Registration for new students will take place on these dates:
- July, 7, 13, 22, 27
- Aug. 10, 12, 16, 18, 24
Appointments are required and must be made via this link New Student Registration Appointment
Please be sure to include your name and phone number when choosing an appointment time. .If you are unable to make an online appointment, please call Registrar Diane Super at 845-355-5812 to request a time/date.
NOTE: At this time, only one parent/guardian can attend the meeting. All COVID-19 related protocols, including mask wearing and social distancing, must be followed in order to attend the meeting in-person. Thank you for your attention to this important information.
- All registration forms will need to be completed prior to your arrival time.
- Download and print the forms, which are available in the column on the right of this page.
- You can request forms be mailed to you by calling 845-355-5812.
- Please be sure to bring all necessary original documents at the time of your appointment.
- Copies of documents can be made during the registration process.
- If you choose to not meet in person, you may print the forms and send them to Minisink Valley CSD; Att: Diane Super; P.O. Box 217; Slate Hill, NY 10973. Be sure to include all necessary documents (Clear photo copies are acceptable). There is also a drop box outside of the Central Office entrance, that you may utilize to drop off the registration packet.
Required documentation for new student registration
All student registrations, for all buildings and grade levels, are held in the Intermediate School at the Office of the Registrar. Parents/guardians must be prepared to provide the following:
- Proof of parent identification (valid driver’s license, photo ID)
- Proof of residency (utility bill, cable/telephone bill or gas/oil bill, with service address). If providing a residential lease, mortgage, deed or residency affidavit, you will also need to present additional proof such as pay stub, official driver’s license, non-driver identification, state issued identification, income tax forms, voter registration, court documents or documents issued by federal, state or local agencies.
- Birth certificate, certified transcript of birth or child’s certificate of baptism (additional age determination documents that have been in existence for over two years; passport, valid driver’s license, photo ID, school photo ID with date of birth, hospital or health records, documents issued by federal, state or local agencies, court documents, consulate ID card, Native American tribal document or international aid agencies document)
- Recent, updated records of immunizations and physicals
- Documentation regarding student’s special needs, if any
- Custody papers or custodial affidavit, if applicable
- Last report card, if available
- Student high school schedule, if applicable
Wanted: Census information
Minisink Valley maintains census information and wants to hear from you. If you have just moved into the district and have preschool-aged children; or you have been a resident and have a new child, please email the following information:
- Preschooler’s name(s)
- Preschooler’s date of birth(s)
- Parents names
- Complete address and mailing address
- Home telephone number
Be sure to include preschooler information and the district will add the child/children to its census. This will ensure that your family will be included in all mailings.
Diane Super, Registrar
Minisink Valley Central School District
P.O. Box 217, Route 6
Slate Hill, N.Y. 10973
Fax number: 845-355-5830
Minisink Valley Central School District Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) Program
The Minisink Valley Central School District is a participant in the New York State Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program that is offered annually through a grant.
UPK for the 2021-2022 School Year
The UPK program offers a limited amount of spots to qualifying families residing in the school district. Parents of eligible four-year olds, choose one of the participating preschools within the school district.
Once parents select their preschool of choice and the lottery is held by the school district, no UPK spots may be moved to another preschool. Parents are encouraged to gather all necessary information and make sure the chosen preschool meets their needs. The Minisink Valley UPK program provides participating preschools with funding for half- day programs for ﬁve days a week.
The following steps are taken by the school district, in compliance with the New York State UPK regulations, regarding the student selection process:
- A letter and application are sent to parents of all eligible preschool students.
- Once the district is notiﬁed that funding is approved, a list of eligible four year old children is generated from the district’s database. If you think your child may not be in the district’s database, please call the district registrar at 355-5812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information regarding the UPK program is communicated to families via mail sent directly to qualifying families.
- Interested parents are asked to submit the UPK application to the district by a set deadline with their choice of preschool. Applications received after the deadline will go to the bottom of the waitlist.
- District Registrar Diane Super collects all completed UPK applications.
Names are randomly drawn through a lottery. UPK spots are allocated to preschools based on the results.
- Parents are notiﬁed by letter or phone calls regarding “acceptance”/no acceptance” into the UPK program.
- Additional names are drawn on the same day to develop a waiting list for the UPK program.
- The above steps create a random/equitable selection process and award every child an equal opportunity to enter into the UPK program.
The following agencies are contracted with and currently participate in the Minisink Valley CSD Universal Prekindergarten Program:
- Field of Dreams Preschool
- Little Learners Preschool
- Little Munchkins Preschool
- The Kid’s Place at Slate Hill
To ensure that your child is in the district database (census report), please contact the district registrar.
Any questions related to the Minisink Valley Central School District Universal Prekindergarten Program should be addressed to Vincent Biele, UPK Coordinator/Principal Otisville Elementary School at 355-5851.
For more information regarding the NYS UPK program please visit: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/earlylearning/