New students and families: Welcome to the Minisink Valley School District!
Welcome to the Minisink Valley Central School District!
We look forward to your child/children being a part of one of the Hudson Valley’s preeminent school districts and ensuring your child/children receive the best possible and highest quality education to make them college and career ready.
To register in the Minisink Valley Central School District, a child must have his/her actual and only residence within the district.
In addition, the child must be five years of age or older before Dec. 1 of the current school year.
Registrations are being handled online via FamilyID
We’re happy to offer the convenience of online registration through FamilyID, a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to be administratively efficient, environmentally responsible and allows for your child’s registration to be possible during the COVID-19 pandemic.
When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
How it works:
- A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link: FamilyID
- To find your program, click on this link and select the registration form under the word “Programs.”
- Next, click on the blue “Register Now” button and scroll, if necessary, to the “Create Account/Log-In” blue buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click “Create Account.” Click “Log In,” if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), email address and password. Select “I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. “ Click “Create Account.”
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your email filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you in to FamilyID.
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the “Continue” button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green “Submit” button. After selecting “Submit,” your registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
- At any time, you may log in at FamilyID to update your information and to check your registration(s).
- To view a completed registration, select the “Registrations” tab in the blue menu bar at the top of your screen.
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-205-2800, extension 1.
Required documentation for new student registration
All student registrations, for all buildings and grade levels, are held in the intermediate school at the Office of the Registrar. Parents/guardians must be prepared to provide the following:
- Proof of parent identification (valid driver’s license, photo ID)
- Proof of residency (utility bill, cable/telephone bill or gas/oil bill, with service address). If providing a residential lease, mortgage, deed or residency affidavit, you will also need to present additional proof such as pay stub, official driver’s license, non-driver identification, state issued identification, income tax forms, voter registration, court documents or documents issued by federal, state or local agencies.
- Birth certificate, certified transcript of birth or child’s certificate of baptism (additional age determination documents that have been in existence for over two years; passport, valid driver’s license, photo ID, school photo ID with date of birth, hospital or health records, documents issued by federal, state or local agencies, court documents, consulate ID card, Native American tribal document or international aid agencies document)
- Recent, updated records of immunizations and physicals
- Documentation regarding student’s special needs, if any
- Custody papers or custodial affidavit, if applicable
- Last report card, if available
- Student high school schedule, if applicable
How to register your child:
Reminder! All registration is being handled online via FamilyID
Wanted: Census information
Minisink Valley maintains census information and wants to hear from you. If you have just moved into the district and have preschool-aged children; or you have been a resident and have a new child, please email the following information:
- Preschooler’s name(s)
- Preschooler’s date of birth(s)
- Parents names
- Complete address and mailing address
- Home telephone number
Be sure to include preschooler information and the district will add the child/children to its census. This will ensure that your family will be included in all mailings.
Diane Super, Registrar
Minisink Valley Central School District
P.O. Box 217, Route 6
Slate Hill, N.Y. 10973
Fax number: 845-355-5830
Minisink Valley Central School District Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) Program
The Minisink Valley Central School District is a participant in the New York State Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program that is offered annually through a grant.
UPK for the 2020-2021 School Year
The UPK program offers a limited amount of spots to qualifying families residing in the school district. Parents of eligible four-year olds, choose one of the participating preschools within the school district.
Once parents select their preschool of choice and the lottery is held by the school district, no UPK spots may be moved to another preschool. Parents are encouraged to gather all necessary information and make sure the chosen preschool meets their needs. The Minisink Valley UPK program provides participating preschools with funding for half- day programs for ﬁve days a week.
The following steps are taken by the school district, in compliance with the New York State UPK regulations, regarding the student selection process:
- A letter and application are sent to parents of all eligible preschool students.
- Once the district is notiﬁed that funding is approved, a list of eligible four year old children is generated from the district’s database. If you think your child may not be in the district’s database, please call the district registrar at 355-5812 or email email@example.com
- Information regarding the UPK program is communicated to families via mail sent directly to qualifying families.
- Interested parents are asked to submit the UPK application to the district by a set deadline with their choice of preschool. Applications received after the deadline will go to the bottom of the waitlist.
- District Registrar Diane Super collects all completed UPK applications.
Names are randomly drawn through a lottery. UPK spots are allocated to preschools based on the results.
- Parents are notiﬁed by letter or phone calls regarding “acceptance”/no acceptance” into the UPK program.
- Additional names are drawn on the same day to develop a waiting list for the UPK program.
- The above steps create a random/equitable selection process and award every child an equal opportunity to enter into the UPK program.
The following agencies are contracted with and currently participate in the Minisink Valley CSD Universal Prekindergarten Program:
- Field of Dreams Preschool
- Little Learners Preschool
- Little Munchkins Preschool
- The Kid’s Place at Slate Hill
To ensure that your child is in the district database (census report), please contact the district registrar.
Any questions related to the Minisink Valley Central School District Universal Prekindergarten Program should be addressed to Vincent Biele, UPK Coordinator/Principal Otisville Elementary School at 355-5851.
For more information regarding the NYS UPK program please visit: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/earlylearning/