The Minisink Valley Board of Education is seeking candidates to fill a recently vacant board position.
This board seat is available until the next election which will be held on May 18, 2021.
Letters of interest are invited by any person interested in filling this position. In addition to stating the reasons for interest, individuals must also answer the following questions:
1. Why do you want to be a board member?
2. What strength(s) do you believe you could bring to this team?
3. How do you make a difficult decision?
4. Have you participated in community service activities?
The letter, which must include responses to these questions, and a resume should be sent to District Clerk Deborah Roda, by Monday, Nov. 2 by either emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mailing to the district at P.O. Box 217, 2320 Route 6, Slate Hill, N.Y. 10973.
Please note, per eligibility requires, board candidates:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district. A member does not necessarily have to be a taxpayer, but must be a district resident for a period of at least one year prior to the election.
- No more than one member of an immediate family may serve as a member of the board of education at one time.
- May not be a current employee of the school district.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
The Board of Education will discuss the selection process at its Nov. 5 meeting.
For additional information, please email to: email@example.com.