Congratulations to these Elementary School K-2 students who successfully completed the recent “Read for the New York Boulders Reading Challenge,” sponsored by the New York Boulders.
This reading challenge was designed to establish a positive habit of independent reading at home. Students were given a reading log to record the number of minutes read at home each evening and on the weekends. After the three weeks, students were recognized for the various reading milestones reached:
- Single: Read under 400 minutes; a participation certificate
- Double: Read at least 400 minutes; a participation certificate plus two tickets for a specified Boulders game.
- Triple: Read at least 800 minutes; a participation certificate plus four tickets for a specified Boulders game.
- Homerun: Read 1,300 or more minutes; a participation certificate plus four tickets for specified Boulders game and a first pitch opportunity at a specified Boulders home game with t-shirt.
- Top Reader: Recognition at a Boulder’s game on field, autographed baseball and photo with manager and the “Boulder Bird.” The top reader was first-grader McKenna Banach, who read 2,633 minutes!
The reading challenge ran from March 27 to April 16.
Matias Carvajal Morales
Romina Tova Maciel