Congratulations to five Minisink Valley Middle School students who were recently recognized by SUNY Orange with Sojourner Truth recognitions.
Sojourner Truth was an African- American evangelist, abolitionist, women’s rights activist and author who was born into slavery before escaping to freedom in 1826. After gaining her freedom, Ms. Truth preached about abolitionism and equal rights for all
The SUNY Orange recognition program recognizes the accomplishments of deserving students in grades 6-12 . An in-person ceremony was not possible this school year.
- Jacob Hemmer, for sciences
- Ferrah Hill, for perseverance/effort
- Luke Sande, for perseverance/effort
- Jayden Tepper, for English language arts
- Zoe’ Torres, for perseverance/effort