Within 14 days of the first day of school or day care – children must receive the first age-appropriate dose in each immunization series to attend or remain in school or day care.
Within 30 days after the first day of school or day care – parents or guardians must show that they have appointments for the next required follow-up doses for their child. Deadlines for follow-up doses depend on the vaccine.
What does your child need?
Talk to your health care provider. They will help determine which vaccines your child may need. Requirements will differ based on your child’s age and whether they have had any previous shots. Your child will probably not receive all required vaccinations in one visit.
Required vaccinations to attend school
- Diphtheria and Tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine and Pertussis vaccine (Dtap/DTP/Tdap)
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine (MMR)
- Polio vaccine (IPV/OPV)
Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccine
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MenACWY)
- Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine (HiB)
- Pneumococcal Conjugate vaccine (PCV)