The Section IX Protocol Committee has developed a set of guidelines for the Fall 2021 season.
These guidelines are subject to change based on any future mandates from the Governor, the State Department of Health, the local County Departments of Health, the State Education Department or the NYSPHSAA.
The guidelines are as follows:
1. Section IX will conduct the fall 2021 season in all sports.
2. Indoor sports of volleyball and girls swimming (except when in the water) are required to wear masks. This includes players, coaches, site personnel and officials. Game Day cheerleading will follow the guidelines based on whether a competition is held indoors or outdoors.
3. Indoor sports will allow spectators. Spectators will be required to wear masks.
4. Outdoor sports will not require masks for players, coaches, site personnel and officials.
5. Outdoor sports will allow spectators with no mask requirements.
6. Section IX reminds all schools to follow social distancing and all other mitigating protocols to keep all participants as safe as possible.