Minisink Valley high school families: Will you help?
What is Project Graduation?
Project Graduation is an all-night alcohol and drug free celebration for seniors on graduation night held at the high school. Parent volunteers work throughout the year to plan for the big year-end event. The party has all you can eat food, beverages, DJ and dancing, prizes every 15 minutes, giant inflatables, tennis, beach volleyball, ping pong and more!
The Project Graduation committee organizes security and chaperones to provide a safe, all night alcohol and drug free fun evening for the senior class. Minisink Valley High School volunteer parents, students and faculty have implemented this program successfully since 1989.
Help is needed!
All but one of the current volunteers are retiring and no one has volunteered to fill their shoes. Project Graduation needs you because the end of year event can only be made possible with the help of parent volunteers.
What can you do to help?
Many hands make light work! Volunteer! The Project Graduation committee is made up of many, many parents volunteering to organize and run events throughout the school year building up to the all-night alcohol and drug free party for the seniors. Without volunteers, the Project Graduation end-of year event will not take place in June 2022.
Who do I contact to get started?
Please send an email to Debbie Roda, senior class advisor, at email@example.com and Peggy Schiele, retiring Project Graduation president, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Remember, Project Graduation needs parents to volunteer from all high school aged students or this long standing event will not take place. Once we have collected the names of all those that would like to volunteer, a meeting will be set up to begin planning!
A typical year of activities
- Raffle table at varsity high school home football games on Friday nights, only until half time.
- Concession only at the Harlem Wizards, Elementary PTO in the high school gym.
- Concession only at the Elementary PTO Tricky Tray in the intermediate school gym.
- Traditional Project Graduation Tricky Tray. This is always the last Saturday of the month. (Feb. 26, 2022) This is the biggest fundraiser and money maker of all, requiring three committee chairs in addition to committee officers (main chairperson, raffle chair, and concession chair).
- If some type of an additional fundraiser is needed, the committee will do it. Yard signs are ordered along with senior class t-shirts, but at this point the main focus is planning and preparing for June’s gathering.
- All Night Project Graduation celebrating the seniors success is held on graduation night. The officers and committee members work with parents of the underclassmen to form three committees to help plan with set up, pick up/drop off, working the event, etc.
- Senior parents do not help with this because they will be enjoying graduation. This is why it is so important for parents of all high school aged students to volunteer to get everything ready for the seniors to return at 11 p.m.
- Each fundraiser doesn’t necessarily have a chairperson except the big Tricky Tray held in February and June’s All Night Celebration. Events are discussed and parent volunteers sign up and help make things happen.
- Keep in mind that volunteers do not have to be at every fundraiser/event.