Minisink Valley parents/guardians:
In preparation for Monday, April 12, the first day of our return to four day, in-person academic instruction, here’s some important reminders:
- The good health and safety of all our students, faculty and staff are our first priority.
- Daily completion of the SNAP Student Health Assessment is required: SNAP Student Health Assessment
- Students will continue to be socially distanced to the greatest extent possible (3 feet minimum).
- Students are required to wear masks at all times. Teachers/staff will administer mask breaks throughout the day.
- As an additional layer of protection, polycarbonate desk dividers will be utilized whenever students are unable to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Regular hand washing will be required.
- Masks are required on buses. Masked students may be sitting with masked, non-family members.
We all have a role to play in ensuring our personal and each other’s health and safety. Thank you for continuing to follow and stress the importance of wearing masks, washing hands and social distancing when your child is not in school. We also encourage anyone who is eligible to consider getting vaccinated.
Please be aware of the specific details for your child’s building:
We are looking forward to seeing additional students in our buildings, because we know the classroom is the optimal learning environment. Please know your child’s teacher(s) are well-prepared for this important milestone in this academic year. If your child is remaining on a fully remote track, teachers are equally prepared to continue to provide them with an outstanding instructional experience in an inclusive environment.
One final reminder: Plans may change based on a variety of factors we can and cannot control, including updated guidance/mandates, changing conditions and the region’s positivity rates.
Communication remains important! If you have any additional questions, please contact your child’s principal. Thank you for your attention to this important information.
March 26: Preparation plans shared for the start of four in-person academic instruction days on April 12