On Tuesday, Oct. 25, Orange-Ulster BOCES will hold a public vote on a proposed $159 million capital project to fund improvements at its Gibson Road and Arden Hill campuses in Goshen.
Registered voters in the Minisink Valley district are eligible to participate in this vote. The polling locations are at the Intermediate School Gym A and Otisville Elementary School’s lobby from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Orange-Ulster BOCES mailed its capital budget newsletter with proposed project details to all Orange County residents, including Minisink Valley residents. If you did not receive a paper copy and want one, please contact Orange-Ulster BOCES. An electronic copy is available in the link below.
The proposed project’s cost, which will be paid over a 20-year period, will be shared by the 17 component districts that make up Orange-Ulster BOCES.
Each district’s share of the cost is determined by the number of students that live in that particular district compared to the other component districts. This is referred to as resident weighted average daily attendance (RWADA). This year, the number of Minisink Valley students who attend Orange-Ulster BOCES’ special education program is 115; and 242 students attends its CTEC program.
According to O-U BOCES, Minisink Valley’s share of the proposed project would be $11,618,138. After state aid, that amount would be $9,481,651. The average yearly share for the district, after state aid, is $474,083 for 20 years. It would increase the district’s tax levy by 0.96 percent, based on the 2021-22 tax levy.
We encourage residents to review the newsletter and visit the O-UB website for details: Orange-Ulster BOCES $159 million capital project
We are also sharing a digital copy of the O-U BOCES budget newsletter
Note: For this vote, voters don’t have to vote in their districts. Registered voters may vote at any of the locations listed below
- Chester: Chester Academy (Band Room), 64 Hambletonian Ave., Chester
- Cornwall: Cornwall Public Library (Community Room), 395 Hudson St., Cornwall
- Florida: Seward Memorial Building (Board Room), 51 North Main St., Florida
- Goshen: Goshen Main Street Administration (Board Room), 227 Main St.
- Greenwood Lake: Greenwood Lake Elementary School (Gymnasium), 80 Waterstone Road, Greenwood Lake
- Highland Falls/Fort Montgomery: Highland Falls Intermediate School (Gym), 52 Mountain Ave., Highland Falls
- Kiryas Joel: Kiryas Joel Public School (Multipurpose Room), 1 Dinev Road, Monroe
- Marlboro: Town of Marlborough Community Room (Courthouse), 21 Milton Tpke.
- Middletown: Middletown Board of Education, 223 Wisner Ave., Middletown
- Minisink Valley:
- Minisink Valley Intermediate School (Gym A), 2320 Route 6, Slate Hill
- Otisville Elementary School (Lobby), 2525 Mount Hope Road, Otisville
- Monroe-Woodbury: Monroe-Woodbury Education Center, 278 Route 32, Central Valley
- Orange-Ulster BOCES:
- Arden Hill Campus (Cafeteria), 4 Harriman Drive, Goshen
- Gibson Road Campus, Axelrod Building (Gymnasium), 53 Gibson Road, Goshen
- Pine Bush:
- Pine Bush Fire House (Station 1), 2405 Route 52, Pine Bush
- Circleville Elementary School (Gym), 2000 Route 302, Circleville
- Port Jervis: Port Jervis High School (Tri-State Gym), 10 Route 209, Port Jervis
- Tuxedo: George Grant Mason Elementary School (Multi-Purpose Room), 11 Hillside Ave., Tuxedo
- Valley Central: Valley Central Administration Office, 944 Route 17K, Montgomery
- Warwick: Dorothy C. Wilson Education Center (Board Room), 225 West St. Extension, Warwick
- Washingtonville: Washingtonville High School (Pool Atrium), 54 West Main St., Washingtonville
NOTE: Residents of the Newburgh Enlarged City School District, which is not a component district of Orange-Ulster BOCES, are not eligible to vote on the proposed capital project.